might be worth a look to someone

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
shame its a floor-stander or i might have had a look myself. Anyone know where i can find a good quality used small bench saw under the £200 mark I'm only building for myself so no silly £1000 suggestions. :wink:

Axminster TS-200 basic saw £199 and eventually you can always upgrade and add r/h extension kit and sliding carriage. Click here to see the saw.

I have one and love it!

Best of luck on your choice.

yeah I've been looking at that one just wondering if I'll get something better used or is it better just to go for it and get one! (Christmas is coming) I keep looking for some fantastic fleebay bargains but nothing ever seems to come up! :roll:

hey Skyhigh_Arb how loud are those ts200's? i might be using it in home sometimes. Whats the 20 toothed like they give with it?

Evening urbanarcher,

The TS-200 has a induction motor so reasonable on noise, far quieter then the B and Q "el chepos"

Dont rate the standard blade but for a few pounds worth the upgrade for something like a freud.

Will

Just got a 40T Freud in the post for my TS-200 today. Looks like a decent blade, haven't tried it in anger yet though. I made a few cuts with the included 20T item, the less said about those the better.

Noise wise, it's actually pretty quiet, you can switch it on without ear protection quite safely. Obviously it wouldn't be a good idea to a lot of cutting with it without earmuffs or earplugs, but the general noise level is pretty low. It certainly doesn't have the banshee howl that anything cheaper will have

I got a 16T Freud for my TS-200 - what a difference and really 'good value' (cheap) from E.bay can't remember the company but they're down Dover/Folkestone way

although my standard axi blade had 'done a nail' in the past so maybe the edge had gone off it!!

that's the trouble with a cheap saw - even if it is good - I find it hard to justify spending masses on a forrestII hyper blade at over half the cost of the saw!

Unless of course it would make it perform like a £600 saw - anyone tried it?

Back