metal rod/plate display stands

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fairweatherer

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a uk based supplier of the following ready-made metal display bases? A horizontal metal plate or foot with one or two vertical metal rods. You'd have thought such a simple design would be readily available, but an hour or so of trawling the web hasn't yielded anything.

Hello,
Presumably you have a specific product in mind for the use of these display stands? Have you tried searching for specific display stands for whatever it is, eg:- doll display stand etc? It would help us to help you if you could give us a little more information.

You could always put a request out on the metalworking forum for someone to make you one if all else fails.

Hope this helps,
Regards,
Dave.

Hi Dave,

It's really for mounting sculptural pieces of driftwood. I saw a carved fish mounted on exactly this type of thing at a car boot recently. The closest I've found online are called mask stands in the U.S.

It might well be the case that I'll have to have them made, but I've seen them about before (albeit with an object already fixed to it). You'd have thought someone must have this kind of thing in stock.

Hi Fairweatherer,
It sounds like the stands you need could be a bespoke item and need to be specially made. Depending on the quantity you need do you have any local metal workers who may be prepared to undertake the work?

Would a stand made from wood and ebonised black or painted be acceptable instead?

Definitely got to be metal and I think you're right. Think I might look into pricing for a fabricator to make some up. Might even be an untapped market for them...

Back