Measuring tape, not only for measuring

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can do a similar thing with one of those retractable dog leads - I've had one over the bench for a couple of years. Trouble is I'm always forgetting to use it. #-o

Cheers, Alf

Thank you all

Alf
Thats was my first thought but the leash could not retract the electric cable...maybe because I have small dog. Next time I will check a leash for big dog, maybe they have stronger spring.

niki

And there was me just putting the cable over my shoulder !
Did you make the hollow rope mould in the background ?

Hi JFC

If you mean the white one, it's actually a table leg done by one of the locals (I cannot do it with my poor skills), it's made of 4 round pieces that every one of them is twisting around and they connect together at the top and bottom. God knows how he made it but it's beautiful, my wife painted it in white.

niki

Niki,
Another great idea, I have two spare tape meusures that I don't use so I'll give it a go.

BTW we have two Newfoundland dogs (About as big as you can get) & we've not found any retractable leads that are strong enough for them :cry: . We now use horse leads that my brother had surplus in his stables :)

I think the retractable ones are usually for smaller dogs, but if anyone knows different please say.

Regards

(Edited for melling pistakes 11:06 :oops: )

Thank you Dedee and Losos

As I remember the retractable leash is according to the dogs weight but I think it’s to maximum 10 Kg.
As I can see around, they use large and strong non-retractable leashes for the big dogs.

niki

Well Niki, if the retractable type is for max. 10 Kgs. it would have to be six times stronger for our doggies. One weighs 48Kgs. and the other one 56 Kgs. When she takes off (after a rabbit etc.) I can only hold her by sitting on the ground :) I can't tell you how many pairs of trousers I've worn out :oops:

Back