Measured paper pad for drawing plans

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roboboyo

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hi guys

Was wondering if anyone has come across an A4 type notebook that has Graph paper with measurements down the side and across the bottom ?

Basically I’m after a sketch pad to creat woodwork project plans etc etc

Any help appreciated

Last edited:
Bought mine from.axminster store when I had been there. Cheapest so far I found and the quality is great.

Not sure if you partake in the Peter Millard You Tube videos (Now at 10minuteworkshop.com) but he uses dot paper and I also find dot paper very handy for drawing and sketching stuff like projects.

Graph paper widely available. A good ruler with scales is very useful but harder to find in the shops but you'll get one online.

If you want something handy to carry about with you there are grid lined exercise books, look at paperchase website, notebooks, type, grid. WH Smith etc probably do them as well. Probably useless for accurate detail work but I used to carry one when I travelled a lot by train and air, ideas pop up at the oddest times.

If you want something handy to carry about with you there are grid lined exercise books, look at paperchase website, notebooks, type, grid. WH Smith etc probably do them as well. Probably useless for accurate detail work but I used to carry one when I travelled a lot by train and air, ideas pop up at the oddest times.
I bought similar 16-sheet "Schulhefte" (exercise books) by the dozens when I was conducting site surveys. I didn't need a notebook with over 100 sheets for each project, and rarely filled one book with notes and drawings. Each notebook was part of the project documentation and easy to find when needed.

Almost every store in Germany sells the Schulhefte for students in the DIN A4 and A5 sizes. Most have 16 sheets per notebook, but can be found with more sheets. The identification number for the notebooks is standard throughout Germany. For example, a number 38 book is A4 with 16 sheets of grid paper on 5mm spacing. The number 5 book is the A5 version with the same grid spacing. There are variations with larger grids, blank pages, and lined paper for writing.

Plenty of school suppliers online... worth looking at occasionally simply to know what kind of things they stock as prices can be quite keen. The gotcha for things like exercise books is you generally need to get them by the 25, 50 or 100.

Hope Education were the first that came to mind for this kind of thing, less than 50p a throw, albeit in 100s. No numbered scales but there are margins to add your own legend.

https://www.hope-education.co.uk/pr...,20mm-graph,-light-green-pack-of-100/he394777

Back