Maximum English permitted development size for 'Garden Shed'

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes I will, but I don't know how. I've got pictures on this computer but how do I get them to this topic?

CWatters":2wfukhg3 said:
If a workshop is classed as a Habitable Room then the insulation, double glazing and heating must meet the Building Regs. On another forum someone is having problems modifying a home office based on a portacabin. Building Control are insisting that it's a habitable room and therefore the heating system must meet the regs. The latest regs require you to use a condensing gas boiler and appear not to allow electric fan heaters or portable gas fires (too much Carbon).

Be pushed to enforce that around here. No mains gas supplies.

CHJ":2a7cj73x said:
CWatters":2a7cj73x said:
If a workshop is classed as a Habitable Room then the insulation, double glazing and heating must meet the Building Regs. On another forum someone is having problems modifying a home office based on a portacabin. Building Control are insisting that it's a habitable room and therefore the heating system must meet the regs. The latest regs require you to use a condensing gas boiler and appear not to allow electric fan heaters or portable gas fires (too much Carbon).

Be pushed to enforce that around here. No mains gas supplies.

There is allways condensing oil, condensing LPG or GSHP.

I have just received back an answer from the council about planning permission on a work shop that I hope to build. It is 15 metre x 5 metre with a 4.5 metre height to the ridge. It is about 20 metre from the house and one metre from the boundary. They said that if I lowered the ridge to 4 metre it would not need planning permission. However because it is more than 30 sq metre it would need building permission.
Hope this helps

All the best

John

Latest posts

Back