• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Marples M 146 Holdfast

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

custard

Established Member
Reaction score
I've looked high and low for one of these but can't find one anywhere. If anyone has any leads for a Marples M 146 Holdfast let me know, my budget is £40 plus postage.

Thanks,

Custard

marcros

Established Member
Reaction score
custard":1ngbynkd said:
I've looked high and low for one of these but can't find one anywhere. If anyone has any leads for a Marples M 146 Holdfast let me know, my budget is £40 plus postage.

Thanks,

Custard
ebay and be patient- 2 in the last 30 days, one of which was sold well in budget, the other just over.

Also worth a look at the likes of old tools and old school tools websites (+ others)

Try http://www.woodworkuk.co.uk/forum/viewt ... =16&t=7607 it may have sold by now, but there is always the chance that it didn't and because it doesn't take up any room it has been left under the bench for another day.

Fanally, if it is the design that you want, http://www.antiquetools.co.uk/toolbox.p ... cellaneous is a woden version and IIRC Veritas do something not dissimilar too, although will likely blow the budget.

johnf

Established Member
Reaction score
custard":2xy6urgg said:

Thanks,

Custard
Ive got one you can have brand new and unused is this what you are after

dickm

Established Member
Reaction score
.... and if you want a spare socket, pretty sure there's one knocking around my workshop that you could have.

bugbear

Established Member
Reaction score
dickm":1uqfbdaw said:
.... and if you want a spare socket, pretty sure there's one knocking around my workshop that you could have.
+1

Having more than one location point for a holdfast increases its versatility.

Holdfasts were made in varying sizes :)

BugBear

Eric The Viking

Established Member
Reaction score
Bristle, CUBA (the County that Used to Be Avon)
The Tilgear one is well made, but, importantly, also a bit too well painted. I think it's powder coated.

Anyway, shaft+paint is a bit too thick overall to be comfortable in the genuine 146 collars I've got fitted to the bench top. A bit of coarse filing off of the serrated side of the column means it's now fine, although it'll now rust like the Marples/Record ones :-(

Cheers,

E.