Maple & walnut DVD tower

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ironballs

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All, a relatively simple project this one though it did take me a little while and the first set of shelves partially met the bandsaw.... Not a full WIP this one, though I have documented it on a related forum, but you do get to see the pictures without all the waffle

DSCN3241.jpg

DSC_1303.jpg

DSC_1302.jpg

DSCN3242.jpg

DSC_1306.jpg

DSC_1307.jpg

DSC_1311.jpg

Ironballs":1o0dhx3r said:
...and the first set of shelves partially met the bandsaw....
Can't see the pics at the moment, will have a look later...you're learning! :lol: - Rob

Very nice. Deceptively simple looking. I like the stripy (curly?) maple.

Veerrrry nice i love the contrasting colours and sweep of the legs, wellllldone m8. :)

CHeers

Dave

Nice Damian.. looks better full up than with the shelves empty, the bottom one looks a bit misplaced when seen without anything on it. Looks like the complete set of 'Friends' though? - Rob

Lovely piece. I would also like to know where you got the maple from. I can never seem to find the tiger stuff.

Great design too - one of your own?

Thanks chaps, design is my own yes it was made to broadly fit the style of the TV stand next to it and still fit in the gap between the stand and the fireplace.

The timber came from my usual chap in Cleckheaton and I rooted through his whole pile of 3" 8 foot long boards of maple and this was the only one with any significant ripple. Seeing as this pile came from a job lot acquired from a defunct cabinet makers firm years ago I don't think he will be getting more any time soon.

It would appear that all the decent ripple maple gets snaffled by the yanks and the timber yards over there can get good cash for it

Back