Makita wet and dry Vac

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I hope so as I've just bought a pack of Nilfisk bags for it from Screwfix!

Although the casing is a slightly different shape it does indeed look like a Nilfisk Aero 26-21 and shares the same spec and features. The Nilfisk is also available in Metabo livery as the ASA 25. Prices vary from £149.99 up to over £250 in some cases depending on what make you get. The Nilfisk is on sale at some branches of Screwfix for £119.99 at the moment though if you're quick.

When I first started looking at a new vac the Nilfisk Multi 20T caught my eye as it's got a pretty good spec and could be had for as little as £89.99 at some places. Reading the reviews though revealed a common theme, the vac is ok but the accessories are very poor. Several said the hose in particular split very quickly and replacements weren't cheap. Visually some of the Multi 20T's mouldings did appear pretty cheap in some of the pictures I looked at. Although the Aero 26-21 is still available at many places, looking at the Nilfisk website I got the impression that the Multi 20T is the newer machine and therefore will eventually replace the more expensive but similar specification Aero. Without actually examining both machines it's impossible to tell but I got the overall impression that the Aero was hopefully the better machine, fingers crossed! :D

I got the nilfisk aero recently - around £130 at the time not used it much in anger - but first impressions are favourable
It is not too loud - hose is very long and seems decent - model 26-21 aero

They do have some nice features like the push to clean button and blow function. I noticed the nice long 3.5m hose compared to the later models 1.9m. Looking forward to it arriving next week.

Edit: well it arrived on Monday, or rather the wrong model Makita arrived on Monday. Sent back Tuesday, still waiting for the right one to arrive ... :(

Turning into a nightmare ... The (almost) correct Vacuum finally arrived today, except it had no appliance socket on it! This was one of the most important features for me. I looked at loads of photos online to see what came with it and downloaded the Instruction Manual from Makita to be sure it was suitable for what I wanted to plug into it. the box it came in shows the socket and the instruction manual is the same as the one I downloaded. Makita don't make a Vac in this model range without a power take off so how did I get one!? :? There are three models in the range with the same power specification the only thing that is different is the capacity, the containers being different heights. I'm now guessing Makita may have changed the specification without telling anyone ... :x

I emailed Makita to ask about this anomaly and they replied, and I quote:

"The socket is present on all our dust extraction units when we send them out so you can plug your tool in it".

All except the unit I recieved of course... I'm still waiting for Makita to get back to me.

Don't think so. The first one they sent me was ok, just a smaller capacity. Yes the Nilfisk is still on offer, need to check if my local SF has it in stock. The really daft part is that this model is avalable in several no names as well as Metabo and Milwaukee versions and they all have the power take off socket!

Final update. Makita have confirmed that there has been an error in their marketing. The middle of the range VC2512L is manufactured without the power take off. This seems to be the only extractor in Makita's lineup without one. The retailer is issuing me with a refund. Sounds like Makita will be recalling all unsold VC25's to rebox them and replace the instruction manuals so folks know exactly what they're buying.

Back