Makita Drill Driver Axminster Deal

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chems

Established Member
Reaction score
My current Black and Decker corded drill is knackered. I want a new one, now I know this one will do all wood drilling that I could need and screwing well but would it drill into brick?

I'm going to buy a drill press at some point so its mainly for screwing, light wood drilling on items that wont be able to go under the drill press and a bit of work into brick.

Makita 6271DWPE3 Cordless Drill Driver 12V

Wouldn't think so, or at best would be very hard work. Even with hammer on them they are pretty slow and ineffective for most masonry. Terrific drill/drivers though for screws and wood.

Best bet is to get a seperate sds drill for masonry, in fact I think screwfix might have been doing a mains dewalt sds with a free 12v drill driver if I remember correctly for around £90 or so, though might have got that wrong !

Cheers, Paul :D

That does look like a fantastic deal. I can see myself getting one of those this week.

Thanks Chisel.

Chems":e48f0yi1 said:
That does look like a fantastic deal. I can see myself getting one of those this week.

Thanks Chisel.

'tis a good deal, but I suspect that the batteries are Ni-Cad. I personally wouldn't go back to having Ni-Cad's.

If you need to drill any sort of masonry, get an SDS drill. As Chisel says, there seem to be plenty of offers about where they give away a cordless drill or drill/driver if you buy an SDS - they had the DeWalt offer in my local B&Q recently.

Cheers :wink:

Paul

I have the 8434 makita combi. Only 14.4 volt, but has the big torque mxt motor (metal gears). Nimh batts. They have been on offer, the 18v ones, and are excellent for drilling into masonry, for a cordless. If cordless is your route then you would be hard pushed to beat it. And my Nimh batts have been going for 5 years no probs, still good as they were on day 1. They just need looking after a bit.

However it is quite true that an SDS drill will make a cordless combi look silly by comparison. So I have both! Given the choice though it is SDS all day for masonry.

You can get a cordless SDS, all the big names do 'em, but they are really only for masonry not so good for wood, metal or screwdriving. So, whilst DeWalt are not my cup of tea the offer is good (90quid for sds + cordless drill/driver) but be aware the cordless is a drill/driver NOT a combi.

HTH

Neil

last time i was in bnq there was a 14.4v combi drill and driver twin pack for less than 90 quid

I bought a cheap bosch (pro) SDS drill from Screwfix for masonry. It's like a knife through butter compared with my old corded precussion drill.

I have the makita lion 18v system (saw, driver, drill) and it's superb. The driver is a real power house.

Back