Warco Variable Speed Drill Press

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bertterbo

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have one of these? can't find any reviews for it anywhere.

It seems to be one of the few variable speed drill presses you can buy (other than the Nova electric variable speed offerings)

I would be using it 50/50 for wood work and metal work.

The variable speed option is a must. I currently use an Axminster where I have to adjust the pulleys, but as I'm a wheelchair user, it's proving to be a real pain, and can take upwards of 5 minutes as I try to do it blindly one handed.

https://www.warco.co.uk/drilling-ma...v-pillar-drilling-machine-variable-speed.html

I'm looking fo something more powerful really

What is it that you wish to drill, that requires more power?

I appreciate your need for speed variation that doesn’t rely on belts! I always recommend heavy old cast iron; you could get something very nice indeed, for that money, and still have change to buy a more powerful motor.

There are plenty of old machines that use lever operated gears, or like mine, a two speed motor in combination with lever operated gears.

However, if you want a new machine, the Jet JDP-17-M is more powerful at 1kw, and looks more substantial than the warco, though a bit more expensive.

Last edited:

Attachments

• D8E2CC41-EB95-4570-93A8-D08DA4C6BB88.gif
    D8E2CC41-EB95-4570-93A8-D08DA4C6BB88.gif
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
What is it that you wish to drill, that requires more power?

I appreciate your need for speed variation that doesn’t rely on belts! I always recommend heavy old cast iron; you could get something very nice indeed, for that money, and still have change to buy a more powerful motor.

There are plenty of old machines that use lever operated gears, or like mine, a two speed motor in combination with lever operated gears.

However, if you want a new machine, the Jet JDP-17-M is more powerful at 1kw, and looks more substantial than the warco, though a bit more expensive.
The Jet requires you to change pulleys

The Jet requires you to change pulleys

Sorry if that lead you up the garden path!… I read something which lead me to believe it had an electrical spread control. But having looked more closely, you’re absolutely right.

Latest posts

Back