Makita Customer Service

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MMUK

Established Member
Reaction score
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

OK, so I bought a naked BHP456W from eBay about eight months ago. The seller is no longer registered (less than a week after I bought it) and I no longer have an eBay account. Just after Christmas it developed a fault where it would slip out of second gear. It has a 2012 manufacture date on it so still in warranty, although I can't find the invoice for it (I'm sure I never received one).

Last week I finally decided to do something about it. I contacted Makita and explained the situation. No problem, send it in and we'll take a look.

I sent it off and they received it on Tuesday. It's just arrived back about ten minutes ago with a brand new gearbox assembly and a new chuck. All done free of charge under warranty. Not bad considwering I couldn't prove where and when I bought it.

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Well done to both.

First thing i did when i got my new drill body earlier this year was register for the 3yr warranty. :)
Hopefully it wont be needed. ;)

I think Makita might have improved, I had an issue with a battery and no questions asked they sent me a replacement.

Ali":bwp0qo0h said:
I think Makita might have improved, I had an issue with a battery and no questions asked they sent me a replacement.

I don't think I could swing that. I've only one battery under three years old. My original two are over 9 years old and I knwo they're on the way out as they take about 45 mins to charge.

Oh well, the 4.0Ah coming out means the 3.0Ah is under £50 now :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

With service that good, they are probably reading this, so well done to Makita and to MMUK for giving praise where it's due.

They did the same for me a few years back and mine was out of warranty by about a year.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

phil.p":3kpb7fci said:
You're lucky, MM -the last time I bought Makita they couldn't be bothered to answer my (perfectly polite) letters. It was the last time I bought Makita.

That has also been my experience.

Slightly OT but does anyone know if they've started putting decent chucks on their battery drills? The two I have couldn't hold a drill bit securely even if it was Araldited in!

Dont some of the higher end models have full metal chucks, ive got the 18v plastic/metal chuck model and proper thrashed it without any problems. Saying that i always use the hex drill bits as i find the circular shafts slip but I'm probably to heavy handed ramming it into masonary.

Back