Makita 1013 compound mitre saw -Clutch

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flintandsteel

Established Member
Reaction score
Been meaning to ask this a long time but only remember when it's in use.
The clutch is very irregular on this one. Doesn't matter if you cut and release slow or fast.
Sometimes works, mostly doesn't
Lubrication or adjustment issue?
How to fix?

Can you explain a bit more please? When you say 'clutch'..... it'll have a motor which spins the blade, so is the blade slipping / slowing when it contacts the wood? If so it could be brushes

A quick google showed the saw has its motor mounted at 45° to the blade ( in line with it ) so not belt driven.

Been meaning to ask this a long time but only remember when it's in use.
The clutch is very irregular on this one. Doesn't matter if you cut and release slow or fast.
Sometimes works, mostly doesn't
Lubrication or adjustment issue?
How to fix?
Do you mean the electric brake that stops the blade quickly when you release the trigger...?

The brake, or lack of, is known feature on these - mine only worked on every other Tuesday. It also got to the point where the whole house would shake when turned on - at which point it got demoted to a firewood chopping machine under close supervision of the husband. Amazing little machine when it was fit and healthy.

Last edited:
The so called brake on my 315mm Bosch GCM 12 SDE is the same, sometimes works but not always so I just treat it as not having one and keep away from the blade.

Back