Magswitch

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the replies guys i was wondering can you tell how thick the magjigs are. From the picture they look about 3/4" or 1" thick. Like i said i am going to have a go at making my own feather edges.

Cheers Neil

Looking at my 'Magswitch Pro Table Featherboard 30mm', the 'magjig' component in this appears to be about 1" thick ... i.e. the depth of the unit from the base to the top of the plastic moulding is just over 1". It appears that the 1" would correspond to the thickness of the wood in the picture of magjig available separately (assuming it's basically the same component). Hope that makes some sense.

If it's important to you, give Axminster Customer Services a call (on Tuesday, I guess) ... they have a good reputation for being helpful.

I use the magnets from Micro wave ovens. But then, I'm a tight B*****d!

Roy.

I gave a couple to a friend and advised him not to catch his fingers in between. Only time I ever heard him swear!
You would not be able to lift one off of a flat steel or Cast Iron surface!

Roy.

I think they are superb. I hear what Roy says re other magnets but not sure quite how Roy manages to get them off the cast iron table if they are that strong !

The switch on the Magswitch is so simple to use. I'd go for the larger one...even though it's out of stock...not sure that for the extra £13 or so I'd bother to make my own featherboard and would buy theirs'. Stock levels have been very iffy and out of stock for too long IMO.

Slide 'em sideways, or if the are fitted into anything make sure you have enough leverage to move 'em Rog. Sliding works without damaging any surfaces if the surface is clean.
I use them for storage as well. On tthe side of my TS I have several and they hold the blades, riving knife, Allen keys and spanners. Same for my other machines.

Roy.

Back