magazine article help please reference project

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dusty

Established Member
Reaction score
Good evening all , I am searching for an article that I once read , it would be with in the last 5 years . It is about taking two lengths of stock ie 50mm square and joining them end on end with two dovetails . then planing the square section at a 45 degree angle on all corners until the square is now a smaller square with an optilical illusion .

I did it today but but got the proportions wrong , I will post a photo up later but am looking for the article for reference , I would be greatful to anyone who can help or point me to the right edition so I can back order it . I have a funny feeling it may of been Good WoodWorking

Kind regards Sam

Pretty sure I saw this in Furniture and Cabinetmaking but I haven't got that particular issue. I think it was called a Dovetail Puzzle Joint if that helps.

Sorry for my late reply , but a big thank you to all you Gents for your help in finding the articles and links to the project . I did this test piece with a friend who owns a WoodRat , which was a cracking piece of kit . As my pictures show below , we guessed at the setting out divisions and , nearly , so very nearly got it tight , but there is no doubt of its offset . the first two shots show two adjacent sides .

And finaly the view of two sides , I rounded the edge to help with the illusion , dont know if it worked but hey , I like it !!

This was purely an experimental item , hence the two contrasting wood colours , Beech and Iroko I think , it was what I had lying around .

But once again , many thanks for your time and the help in finding the articles .

I will post up once I work away of adding it to a piece of furniture !!!

Kind regards Sam

Back