Machinery Choices

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having looked closely at the Deft saw, read the F&C review of it and looked at the Laguna Tools site it looks like a superb product.

With the exception of no sliding table it looks like a good fit for my needs at a reasonable price.

There must be a catch...!

Cheers, Ed

yes it's a lovely saw. If I hadn't got such a good deal on the SS...

what about upgrading your PT?, ill look after ur schepach one for you :wink: .
was biding on one on fleebay last night it made £460 :shock: , ill keep looking.

Hi

I just bought the Jet JWBS-20 bandsaw from Axminster for the 999, down from 1,492. (MK1 not MK2)

I only got it today and so haven't done much with it, the only difference I could see in the Axminster specs between the MK1 and the MK2 is that the MK1 will only take a 6mm blade whereas the MK2 will take a 3mm blade? (Maximum blade for both is 32mm)

The Jet seems good alright, I can answer any questions you might have, or take photos.. it seems to be a good deal, the Axminster Plus machine with similar spec retails for about 1,100 normally.

User manual is terrible, it doesn't even describe how to use the machine settings, i.e handwheels for various functions etc.

Cheers

Be very interesting to see a mini review and pics when you can - this one is still potentially on my list.

Cheers, Ed

Ed,

If you want the best value for your two grand don't neglect the second-hand market.

That kind of money will buy you a very nice table saw with sliding carriage and a good professional quality bandsaw, together with a phase converter if you don't have 3-phase power.

This is the way virtually all trade guys go. I've never seen a Jet or even a Scheppach in a professional workshop.

Look at ebay or try a few dealers. Many are sharks but there are some very good ones. I can personally recommend http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Ribble-Valley-Design

Cheers
Dan

PS Just had a quick look on ebay for table saws - this is the pick of what's there at the moment.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Startrite-Tilt-Ar ... dZViewItem

Those Startrites are good saws. I've had two different ones now, my current one is a little larger than that one with the scribing saw as well. Much more solid than these modern machines and better value for money, I think. You may need to adjust it a little to get it running perfectly, but it seems to be expected to have to do that on a new machine anyway.

Johnny B

EdSutton":3h5jisjj said:
Having looked closely at the Deft saw, read the F&C review of it and looked at the Laguna Tools site it looks like a superb product.

With the exception of no sliding table it looks like a good fit for my needs at a reasonable price.

There must be a catch...!

Cheers, Ed

Would it not be possible to fit one of those Incra mitre fence thingies that Rutlands do? - Rob

Back