MacAllister COD2000FLS Flip Over Saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cantungman

Reaction score
Hello Kity Problem solved so on to the next problem. Does anyone know where I can get a MacAllister COD2000FLS manual? It seems to be surprisingly hard to find. I have changed the drive belt but cannot figure out how to tighten the belt. In the loose position the belt is stuck against belt cover housing at the static end. It appears that as you tighten the belt the static end will be pulled away from the housing (not that static then?). Any advice would be appreciated. Cheers!
MacAllCOD2000FLS_1.jpg
MacAllCOD2000FLS_2.jpg

I would suggest it's those 4 bolts which attach the motor to the casting loosen tension and tighten. Get a helper to tension whilst you tighten. Or use a couple if wooden wedges tapped in to hold the tenson.

Cheers James

I would suggest it's those 4 bolts which attach the motor to the casting loosen tension and tighten. Get a helper to tension whilst you tighten. Or use a couple if wooden wedges tapped in to hold the tenson.

Cheers James
Thanks James I managed to shift the 4 bolts but the belt still contacts the frame on the pulley connected to the blade. There doesn’t seem to have enough clearance. It’s a seems a bad design. Cheers

Thanks James I managed to shift the 4 bolts but the belt still contacts the frame on the pulley connected to the blade. There doesn’t seem to have enough clearance. It’s a seems a bad design. Cheers
Does anyone have a part number for the drive belt or equivalent i.e. PIX for this saw?

Not sure if this helps but this saw looks exactly like the Metabo KGT501 (which I have). If you look on powertoolspares.com they have an exploded spares diagram which lists the polybelt.

Attachments

• Metabo-010250501810-KGT-501-MITRE-SAW-010250501810-illustrations.pdf
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
Not sure if this helps but this saw looks exactly like the Metabo KGT501 (which I have). If you look on powertoolspares.com they have an exploded spares diagram which lists the polybelt.
Thanks for your post. that does look like the very same saw, although when I looked up the price of the belt it was in the £33 to £38 range, while the
MacAllister one is £17! I do get a bit angry when both of these belts are very overpriced, I'm sure if you can get the belt numbers and cross reference them with a belt manufacturer they would be less than a third of the price. or if someone has a belt (that isn't shredded, like mine) measure the length, width, and count the ribs and find one that way, easy!

Back