Lurem 210 B parts

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simon100

Reaction score
Can anyone help please.
I have a Lurem 210 B combi woodworker, which for those in the know is sufficient.
I need to get the planer/thicknesser blades sharpened professionally and purchase a spare pare. These are quite small enough to post (210 x 25 x3 mm).
Does anyone know of a reliable company in the UK who can provide this service and where I can send them.
Thanks for your help.
Simon

You might like to try Leitz they supply various tooling and sharpening services and are a National/International company.

They may very well supply from stock the size of knives that you need
and have centres all over France.

Here's one but all you need to do is Google Leitz:

Leitz S.a.r.l Colmar
8, Rue Emile Schwoerer
BP 51239-68012 Colmar Cedex
Tel: +33 (0) 38 92 10 800
Fax: +33 (0) 38 92 31 405
E-mail: [email protected]
www.leitz.fr

They have about another 20 Service staions all over France to many to list here but try there web site and you will get all of their addresses and telephone numbers.

Hope this helps

I usually use Method Tools, but last time their prices had gone up a way, and next time I'll do some shopping around to make sure the market price moved and not just theirs.

But they are nice to deal with and speedy.

Whoever you go to, you will just need to give them those dimensions for the blades (and details of any slots).

Assuming the blades are only dull and not damaged (ie. they don't 'need' re-grinding) have you thought about honing them yourself? Steve Maskery built an excellent jig for doing just this with a sharpening stone (oil, diamond, whatever).

It would mean you had to send the blades off for 'sharpening' less often, saving both money and time. If your blades are nicked at all, you can usually offset one from the others when they're in the cutter block.

I have just bought a set of new knives for my Multico L3 and Method Tools were the best price I could find, by a long way. The pair of knives delivered, including VAT were just shy of £50, I found that most other suppliers wanted £35 each + VAT + p&p. The Multico knives are not cheap as they have slots in them.

Hi there I have the same machine and there could be a sharpening jig in with your attachments that clamps to the slot moticing table.
It uses a grinding wheel in the chuck on the end of the planer shaft where the mortice cutters fit.

Great little machine 8) 8)

Andy

Many thanks to all your replies. Most grateful to you all.
I will post the result with what I end up with.
Truly grateful.

Simon

Back