Ludicrously Bad Marketing

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Windy*miller

Established Member
Reaction score
I was getting new tyres put on Mrs WM's car the other day and while I was waiting I wandered across the road to browse round our local toolstore which is expensive but usually pretty good quality. Just inside the door they had a couple of sawhorses with a strip of mdf laid between them (about 4 feet long by a foot) and a DeWalt plunge saw and guide rail sitting on top looking as though it had just made the cut.

Anyway, the finish on the mdf cut edge was shocking - really visible tooth marks and damage to the edges. The owner walked past while I was looking so I told him I was surprised by the poor quality of the cut. "Oh," he said, "We didn't cut it using the DeWalt or we wouldn't have been able to sell the saw - that's just a bit of old mdf we had lying around. The DeWalt would have left a perfect cut."

How stupid is that? If you can't show the "perfect cut" I would have thought you're better off leaving the tool in the box rather than giving the impression that it's a load of old rubbish.

Back