Lubricating wax

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary M

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Ive noticed on a few posts recently that people are using all sorts of sprays and waxes on the tables and beds of their machines.
Max7 (sorry for using you as an example) said in his post,
I've been using silica spray on the thicknesser bed, it wipes off at each pass so leaving it sticking at times

While all these waxes and sprays may help, there is a specific product available for the princley sum of around £13 or so.
Liberon Lubricating Wax (Ihave no affiliation with them)
This product is vastly superior to furniture wax and other sprays as it is a rust preventer, lubricator and cleaner combined.
I cannot praise it enough, the difference it makes is astonishing and only needs to be applied lightly every once in a while.
1litre will last along time.
It can also be used on planes and other tools.
Just thought this might be of interest to you all.
Cheers,
Gary.

Totally agree with you. Use it on my planer-thicknesser and it makes one heck of a difference! :D

The trick is (or so I find) to clean the surface properly (white spirit, 400g W&D paper) before hand and then not to apply too much. Otherwise, you end up with too much in certain areas and have to spend ages buffing it.

Gary,

That is very good advice. I agree with your opinion. The Liberon Lubricating wax is an excellent product. I have used it on my P/T and bandsaw to good effect. No rust either. :)

Cheers, Tony

Liberon Lubricating Wax is excellent for all metal surfaces.

Aswell as planner, bandsaw and other metal tables, it is good for saw blades and general tools.

We use it in the showroom to keep machines clean and free from fingerprints and any water contact.

A question. Is there any danger of these products preventing glueing or finishing?

Roy.

I've not had any problems with it... yet. I believe that it's silicone based waxes that are most likely to cause "fish-eyes".

Latest posts

Back