Low Voltage Cut Off

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rewound

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone know anything about low voltage cut offs for li-ion batteries. Apparently you need to build one of these circuits into any tool that conects to a li-ion battery because if the voltage drops too low, hen they can't be recharged!

its an 18v battery - so anyone got any pointers ?

Anyone know anything about low voltage cut offs for li-ion batteries. Apparently you need to build one of these circuits into any tool that conects to a li-ion battery because if the voltage drops too low, hen they can't be recharged!

its an 18v battery - so anyone got any pointers ?
You can either put one on each cell which stops it dropping below 1.2V (I think) or you can do something across the lot.

The ones that go across each cell - depending on the cell dimensions - you can buy ready made of next to nothing. The usual suspects sell them - eBay, Amazon, AliBaba, etc.

I could be wrong, but I was under the impression that Li-ion battery packs usually have the circuitry integrated.
this is exactly what I thought, however I have been told and confirmed on internet that the low voltage cut off is always on the tool side, why this is, is a mystery to me.

However, I found the followig video, and as it happens this is the exact make of battery that I am goung to be using.

and I found on fleabay what I think is the correct bit
XH-M609 12-36V DC Output Battery Low Voltage Disconnect Protection Module Board | eBay

I will let you all know when I get it all wired up if it works.

Back