Lovely workshops but.......

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiler99

Established Member
Reaction score
Can we have some workshops from mere mortals who work from the garden sheds as opposed to those who have workshops bigger than my house. It would be nice to see how people make use of space....or lack of it.
Cheers.

tiler99":px4hwqqd said:
Can we have some workshops from mere mortals who work from the garden sheds as opposed to those who have workshops bigger than my house. It would be nice to see how people make use of space....or lack of it.
Cheers.

My last workshop was 8' x 12' - and I still had all the same stuff as now in it. However I did have to get rid of the second workbench when I got the tablesaw! I did extend it by a couple of foot - to make a space to put the P/T in there. You just have to make great use of the walls - use space under machines for storage, and have things on wheels.

Adam

Nothing fancy or large about mine, a single garage that came with the house - tight fit!

I tinker in about the space of half a single garge. Said garage still has to function as a store for bicycles, gardening tools, the bloody bbq that's always in the way and lots of other bits and pieces that don't belong in the house; and a wardrobe. I spill out into the garden whenever the weather is good. I have a pole lathe in the garden also.

It's all rather up in the air at the mo because I am making a workbench, which means I don't have a bench and whatever space I had aside from the bench has bits of bench being made on it. I'll post some snaps when it's a bit more sorted.

My strategy for working in tiny spaces is to buy less tools. I do have a table saw(same fold up wheel into the garden job that Fecn has)/thicknesser/paner team, but most of the time they are about as much use as the BBQ. I much prefer the hand tools, less bulk, noise, dust, danger of serious mishap and so on; also they are nice to use.

MrJay":2x3g8ff4 said:
I much prefer the hand tools, they are nice to use.
You wouldn't be a collector then? Like whats her name. :whistle:
stirthepot.gif

Lord Nibbo":10pi14qf said:
woodbloke":10pi14qf said:
Lord Nibbo":10pi14qf said:
MrJay":10pi14qf said:
I much prefer the hand tools, they are nice to use.
You wouldn't be a collector then? Like whats her name. :whistle:
stirthepot.gif

LN - skating on thin ice there, rather you than me 8-[ :D - Rob

I've just been and padlocked the gate :lol:
Oh you can hide, but only for so long...
130fs1063831.gif

Latest posts

Back