Lost new replies ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DomValente

Established Member
Reaction score
Will someone please explain.

Just before my tea, sorry plate of pasta, I'll log on to this site and glance at a few posts and I can see when there are replies to certain posts because they're in orange.
When the maid brings my tea in I log off.
After the port and cigars I may log on again and the orange posts have all gone everything is white so I don't know what's new.
Help, please.

Dom

Dom,

Couple of ideas-

Get the maid to read out the new posts to you while you are eating your pasta.

Lay off the port as it is affecting your eyesight.

Thinking about it, hasn't it always done this - best not to log off.

Finally I assume that as you are writing this you must still be in Europe so I guess that means I'll get one more night with the family :lol:

Steve

Dom

In my experience, the indication of new posts on a php forum is at best flaky :wink:

I use the 'posts wince you last logged on' feature and often find posts that I had missed because they weren't flagged

DomValente":1484r6u4 said:
Will someone please explain.
I will try.
DomValente":1484r6u4 said:
I'll log on to this site and glance at a few posts and I can see when there are replies to certain posts because they're in orange.
When the maid brings my tea in I log off.
There is your problem, the new replies are only shown since the last time you logged off. It does not keep a record of what you have not read from one session to the next, its a real pain in the bum. ](*,)

Back