Looking for old, wide board of true mahogany

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the replies everyone, sorry it's been a total whirlwind couple of weeks- been chasing a LOT of various wild geese! I'm trying David Dyke to all those who suggested him, and they are tremendously helpful- however keep on forgetting to actually get round to sending me photos of the piece or an invoice etc. Been well over a month since I first tried them.

Do you have Brazilian Rosewood for the fingerboard? I presume you're making a Junior or a Special? Be nice to see the finished item and some construction videos. Good luck
I do indeed have a lovely board of 200 year old BR- which is terrifying to think about cutting up but hey ho!

Sykes timber has been tried, and is honestly ridiculously expensive. Like I know this species IS expensive but it's at least 15% above other listed prices.

Few links on here I will try, thanks all!

I honestly had no idea this thread had blown up so much! I will definitely post some progress pics when I get to it! Got to bodge meself a drawerslide router copy carving jig next week!

Back