Oak Workbench project - from DOOR to SAW!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great Blog Rob...it is remarkable what they have done recently..I was only there in 2007! They were finishing off the road to Polis while I was there...a nightmare.

I actually prefer Turkey...if you avoid the obvious Bodrum on Sea...

Hi Everygreen...yes... Tru-Oil was really meant for gunstocks...on Purdys mostly....lovely tactile stuff on really finely finished wood. I generally polish the wood down to 15000 grit with Micromesh and then put a few layers of Tru-Oil on it. I used it on mahogany necks and it does not suffer the same problem of stickiness that polyurethane and even nitro finishes have. You really want to fondle it...(it is the only word that fits perfectly!)

I put two patio full length sliding doors across the front of my workshop....free from a bloke who retrofitted his aluminium ones with UPVC....they are lovely and fit perfectly. In the morning the light pours in. The other reason is my view from that side is over the North Downs...so I can relax while I work....

Jim

Back