Looking for info on an old Black & Decker Bandsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just reporting back with progress on my B&D bandsaw; I got my new blades from Ian at Tuff Saws in the post this morning so couldn't wait to set up the machine. Incidentally I only recently copped that the machine has what I now know to be a "Reeves drive" pulley to give the variable speed- needless to say it was seized up so I spent a couple of hours yesterday with drift punch, gear puller etc taking the thing apart and cleaning it up before reassembly today. Anyway, fitted the blade, got it tracking fine, with no problems (this is too easy, too good to be true?) and pretty soon I was cutting some hardwood scraps with ease. I then decided to try and cut a little aluminium (and in the process fabricate a simple fence to repalce the one missing on the machine); worked a charm! The machine and saw blade has exceeded my expectations, thanks to all for the great advice, without which I would have been at sea. I am now the proud owner of my first operational band saw, happy days!
Hi I know this an old post but I have just purchased a bd339 bandsaw and my reeves drive is seized, I have drifted out the pin that goes through the shaft put I can’t get the two pulleys off the shaft. How did you get yours apart. I have squirted wd40 everywhere and had a bearing puller on both the fixed pulley and the sliding one and neither shift. Any advice would be appreciated.

Back