Look no holes Vol 2

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice vase Pete, good shape and one of my favourite woods.

Paul.J":4zkbo9ra said:
Another nice piece Pete :D
That wood looks gorgeous,love the creamy colour with the swirly dark grain.

I 'spose you want it back now :lol:

Thanks Paul, another couple of months and I will possibly get through it all

Pete

Bodrighy wrote
I 'spose you want it back now
No,No,No.As Miss Whinehouse would say :lol:
Just hope you enjoyed turning it.
How did you find turning the Laburnam.
That piece also looks a lot lighter in colour then what i have used.Though the piece i turned was green.Perhaps it's dried out now :?:

Lovely display of the Laburnums figuring Pete, gives the impression you are just moving straight in there and creating now as opposed to fighting the timber.

Natural edge spalted beech with bark inclusion

9" tall, 4" dia top finished with sealer, wax and care.

Tulip wood, (american poplar) longest edge 8", bowl 2" dia sealer & wax.

Pete

Something 'ordinairy' for a change.

Not sure if they are sycamore or chestnut (Paul?)

6" dia 2 1/2" tall

4" dia 2 1/2" tall

Both sealer and wax finish

Pete

Steady on there Pete, simply round and a thin one to boot :lol: you must be getting some quality play time by the looks of the standard you are achieving. Great to see you back getting productive shed time.

Bodrighy wrote
Not sure if they are sycamore or chestnut (Paul?)
Not sure meself Pete,as some of the wood you had was from a time when i didn't know what i was getting.
First one does look like Sycamore,is the second one Holly,or is the one that was part turned and soaked in meths :?:
Anyway.Both look very nice Pete.I like the rim detail on the first :D

9" tall, bowl is 3 1/2" dia at edge. Stem is just over 1/4" thick. Had to soak the brown parts in SG as they were like blotting paper. Glad I did though as I love the markings.

This developed a crack just as I was finishing off so had to pour SG into it to hold it together. 4" tall box 3" dia at widest. Lid is 4" tall overall and yes I know it's a bit wierd but SWMBO likes it so it stays.

Comments welcome as always
Pete

One for my son's birthday (he actually enjoys cooking)

Chestnut and Zebrano 15" + 4" handles 3" dia. Handles finished with sealer and melamine main part just sanded, need to do it a few more times

Managed to get it parallel using a skew, found it much easier than using a spindle gouge.

Pete

Very nice Pete :D
The markings on the goblet look great,as you say.
I think the bowl looks good on it's own.I take it,it is some of the Beech you have.
Nice finish and shape on the Yew piece,and i like the contrast of the Zebrano and Chestnut :D

All nice,but the goblet comes out as favourite :D
Excellent colouring,and the shape reminds me of poppy seed-heads.

Andrew

PowerTool":oymee37j said:
All nice,but the goblet comes out as favourite :D
Excellent colouring,and the shape reminds me of poppy seed-heads.

Andrew

Oh good as that was the shape I was aiming at. I have done a few this shape and really like it.

The colouring was what made me go to the bother of using SG and not just scrapping it.

Pete

I too like the goblet with its colouring, and glad to see you are mastering the skew, I still treat it with utmost respect but do like you Pete appreciate the finish obtainable straight off the tool.

Not much time this week. Hopefully be able to get out over the weekend. Managed two little 'uns though. Not 'down' to Old Sokes standards yet but getting lower

Pete

Back