Logf Cabin Workshop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aitchem

Reaction score
EEEkkk.!!!!!!!!!

Got a price for a 45mm wall Workshop, 6metres x 4 metres at 8 grand.!!!

I was wondering about doing a real log cabin from real logs.
Has anybody seen a good site/pictures for log cabin construction.?

How much is 40 off 7 metre long pine trees about a foot diameter do you reckon.?

HM
frustrated woodworker.

Discovery did have a few programmes with proper log cabins built in the US and also a series on the profiles interlocking type like you were quoted for. May be lucky to get a repeat on realtime extra when they are not fishing.

A bit of searching for US sites should bring something up like this

Jason

Yup! them log cabins are pretty expensive. I know that the log cabin homes cost in the region of £45,000! mind you it is still much cheaper than a house. :lol: I looked around at buying one of the summer house type log cabins when I built my workshop and decided it would be cheaper to build my own in the end. :wink:

seriously, have aword with the contractors in your area who maintain and put in telegraph poles. They had to replace the pole outside our home and if I had got the strength or equipment I could hve had the old one gratis.
the existing pole did not meet european standard height.

Why not make a traditional 2x4 stud shed and clad with log-lap to give the look of a log cabin? Would certainly be a lot cheaper and easier to build.

Back