Lockwood saws?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dvddvd

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anybody bought from them? trying to order but when I get to PayPal payment it don't work

Also the items come up on a Google search but can not find them on their site.

Are they still open for buisness?

a few warning signs jumping out so maybe steer clear unless any members can verify the site . Too easy to lose your hard earned money these days ..

Well now i,d deffinatly give them a wide berth .. stick to trusted suppliers ..
Unless you have used them and had issues I'm not sure what facts are leading you to make such comments. I regularly buy from unknown suppliers at low prices, I ordered a new Festool battery yesterday for £60 that would normaly cost significantly more. I used Paypal, if there is an issue I can be reasonably sure I won't lose out.

Unless you have used them and had issues I'm not sure what facts are leading you to make such comments. I regularly buy from unknown suppliers at low prices, I ordered a new Festool battery yesterday for £60 that would normaly cost significantly more. I used Paypal, if there is an issue I can be reasonably sure I won't lose out.
Because of the op he was not able to use PayPal -huge red flag ,,and anything considerably cheaper than the average suppliers is imho also suspect of being fraudulent or a cheap copy . The op simply asked for advise and as I myself have been the victim of scam sites that in itself allows me to make the assumption that there is possibly an issue with this particular site ( obviously there could be a a simple reason for PayPal not allowing the payment ) buyer beware !!!

Because of the op he was not able to use PayPal -huge red flag ,,and anything considerably cheaper than the average suppliers is imho also suspect of being fraudulent or a cheap copy . The op simply asked for advise and as I myself have been the victim of scam sites that in itself allows me to make the assumption that there is possibly an issue with this particular site ( obviously there could be a a simple reason for PayPal not allowing the payment ) buyer beware !!!
Wealden don't take Paypal, js that a "huge red flag"?
I think we need to stick to facts.

Their paypal does not work, so the only payment method is giving your bank details to them
You have to make a judgement. But suggesting they are dodgy because their Paypal doesn't work and an item you have seen is cheaper is a bit of a jump.

Wealden don't take Paypal, js that a "huge red flag"?
I think we need to stick to facts.
Wealdon are a well known and established company . We are talking about lesser known company’s . You have your opinion and I have mine . I’ve not seen any other members post saying they have ordered from this company and all is good , hence my assumptions . The recent thread regarding the purchase of a table saw at a greatly reduced price compared to the average and trusted suppliers left the op with no tablesaw and no money back after he posted a similar thread . He then ignored the same advice to steer clear but went ahead with the transaction. I believe it was workinger tools or something like that . As I say buyer beware - if you have read my posts you will see that I originally advised to steer clear unless any members come forward to verify said company / online supplier .

Lockwood Saws appear to be well established saw sharpening business in Essex. They are a bricks & mortar business that appear on Google maps and have a landline phone listed. Give them a ring.
I can't imagine our local saw doctors maintaining a website too well and this may be something similar.

Wealdon are a well known and established company . We are talking about lesser known company’s . You have your opinion and I have mine . I’ve not seen any other members post saying they have ordered from this company and all is good , hence my assumptions . The recent thread regarding the purchase of a table saw at a greatly reduced price compared to the average and trusted suppliers left the op with no tablesaw and no money back after he posted a similar thread . He then ignored the same advice to steer clear but went ahead with the transaction. I believe it was workinger tools or something like that . As I say buyer beware - if you have read my posts you will see that I originally advised to steer clear unless any members come forward to verify said company / online supplier .
I totaly agree buyer beware but to tell someone to stay away without any facts is a little unfair on the business.

I tried to send a message to them but the " contact us" did not work.

So I phoned them and someone answered and when I asked about the dust extractor was told they had stopped selling large machinery, hence the Google search items not appearing on their website

Was also told their website was getting updated so a lot of things didn't work correctly..

If the Lockwoods in question is this one:- http://www.lockwoodsaws.co.uk/contact.asp then I can testify to the company being legitimate and would call them if you have any problem.
I taught Technology at Secondary School level in Essex about 10 miles away from then for 35 years, and the last 20+ of those used them for sharpening both the schools blades and irons and my own.

Colin

I tried to send a message to them but the " contact us" did not work.

So I phoned them and someone answered and when I asked about the dust extractor was told they had stopped selling large machinery, hence the Google search items not appearing on their website

Was also told their website was getting updated so a lot of things didn't work correctly..
That figures. Sharpening and selling machines are two entirely different activities that have little common ground, other than the customer base. They have probably decided to stick with what they do best. Our local saw doctors only sell blades alongside their main business and that makes a lot of sense.

Back