Advice on potential purchase of a workshop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It sounds to me like you have more money and less time than some who are just starting out, and what you really want is to try your hand at this furniture business lark without spending a year faffing about building out your workspace, or going to work for someone else. I can see why a turnkey workshop minutes away from home appeals. I'd say go for it (disclaimer - I'm rash, addicted to convenience and have never run a furniture business).

ah, good to know. He did say it could handle 8x4, but I'll have another look
The Si15F in your link has a 50" slider. It will cut an 8x4 in half crosswise using the slider, it won't rip the board lengthwise that way. But it has plenty of width in the rip fence and the outrigger so you just have to slide the sheet over the table some of the way during a long rip cut.

They weight about 750kg all up. Massive cast iron and a chassis welded from something like 8mm steel plate.
124497-20190212-174055.jpg

Zero flex, massive and rigid, yet with all the extensions stripped off I have the basic 650kg saw setup in a single garage.
14" blade is standard. Max is 16" and it has a 3 speed spindle so it will correctly drive blades from 12 through 16". The design allows for a scribing blade on a separate motor. Check if this is present. Not all examples have it fitted. Check the main motor too. Std was 4kW but there are options upto I think 7kW.

There are other incarnations of it that have a full length slider - one in cast iron like this, another, newer in green with aluminium extrusion slider that have become the norm on modern sliders.

It is worth using the search here to see if any of the machines have been discussed on the forum.

Not for me to give advice, but, I have would do a bit of checking around with regards the seller and his possible connections with another "joinery" business on the same estate, It is also worth doing a search on companies house for the seller, will give you a better picture of their situation.

Not for me to give advice, but, I have would do a bit of checking around with regards the seller and his possible connections with another "joinery" business on the same estate, It is also worth doing a search on companies house for the seller, will give you a better picture of their situation.
Ha. Just read around this a bit.
Good advice.

Back