Lip & Spur Drill Sets

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Graeme

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi chaps,

Can anyone please direct me to a good quality set of lip and spur wood drills. My old set had a good range from 13mm down to 2mm with many .5mm increments. But I have broken a few now and I have used them a lot so could probably get a refresh.

I did buy a cheap set from Axminster and, strangely for them, they were rubbish.

Anyone purchased anything good quality?

Cheers
Graeme

Tilgear do a "Kaliber" brand set 3-10 in 0.5 thats good, £10.50 +Vat

Jason

Famag do a couple of versions, I've used their 1594 range from Isaac Lord and have always been delighted at the length of time that they last. They are extremely sharp, as I find when scrabbling in sawdust to find the litle ones.
I think you can get cheaper versions as well from them for soft woods.

Colt for me. I don't find I need bits in 0.5mm increments - half a dozen sizes are all I use.

Cheers

Karl

Thanks for the advise. Colt have got a few votes, I could not find a set just individual ones from Axminster.
Cheers
Graeme

If you have anyone travelling within cardshot of a Lee Valley, I can recommend theirs whole heartedly.
I paid the HighwayMen, Robbers and Cutthroats charges to get a set in proper measurements instead of Frenchified mmmmms - worth every penny. (Being Canadian, they do cater to the francophile market as well.)

woodbloke":o12zsta6 said:
I grind my own from gash HSS drill bits - Rob

Please you've got to show us how to do that, I can sharpen a drill but not a lip and spur.

Simon

Bump

Oryxdesign":1ciikn9w said:
woodbloke":1ciikn9w said:
I grind my own from gash HSS drill bits - Rob

Please you've got to show us how to do that, I can sharpen a drill but not a lip and spur.

Simon

I'd quite like to see that as well

Lee.

Back