Lighting - Googling when you don't know what to Google for

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Maskery

Established Member
Reaction score
How do you find something when you don't know what to Google for?
I'm trying to identify this light fitting:
light fitting.jpg

I've tried "black 6 arm spiral light fitting" and a gazillion variations but all I get is pages and pages of the wrong thing. I saw it in a small homeware shop and would have bought it if carrying it home was not so much trouble. But it was a very ordinary shop, not Harrods, so it must be more widely available.

Or is there anyone here in the lighting trade?

Attachments

• light fitting.jpg
    light fitting.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 959
I'd Google the name of the shop Steve. If they don't have a website with the light listed get the number and phone them up and ask the name. ;)
You could right click and image search and you might be lucky.

I did a google image search and it gave me this. Pretty close I think ;-)

hanging-hexagon-tea-pot-ceiling-light_MM20208.jpg

Attachments

• hanging-hexagon-tea-pot-ceiling-light_MM20208.jpg
    hanging-hexagon-tea-pot-ceiling-light_MM20208.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 929
Hi - I haven't managed to find one, but googling something like "art nouveau style flower chandelier" on image search brings up stuff looking very similar - cheers, W2S

Thanks for all the ideas, chaps. I've learned something new, but sadly not found what I'm looking for. I'm boz-eyed and off to do some proper work.

Might have a look on Pinterest Steve for similar lights. I did. Now I want an octopus light. :| And it's your fault. let's make that very clear. I have therefore entered you into my Book of Shame. [-(
I don't even like it that much. I just want it so when people come to my house and comment on my unusual light I will have the opportunity to say, 'How many tickles does it take to make an octopus laugh? Ten. Ten Tickles. Ten! TEN!'
We don't get many visitors anymore.

qwNjQ63.jpg

Bm101":3vzmyvht said:
I just want it so when people come to my house and comment on my unusual light I will have the opportunity to say, 'How many tickles does it take to make an octopus laugh? Ten. Ten Tickles. Ten! TEN!'
We don't get many visitors anymore.

perhaps it's because you're not shellfish with your jokes :lol: (hammer)

Steve Maskery":3fd1u4j9 said:
Thank you - I think.

Sorry Steve - I was genuinely on your case for about an hour and came up with nothing much - apart from that - so I'm with you on Google :)

It's OK, Paul, you put a smile on my face.

I'm actually quite surprised to find out how hard this is. This wasn't some exclusive shop. It was an old-fashioned, we-sell-all-sorts-of-stuff-for-your-home kind of shop. All of it imported, I guess mostly from the Far East, and therefore, as far as I can surmise, all of it widely available elsewhere.

Except it doesn't seem to be.

Back