Lidl wet and dry vac

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought one today as well.

I have been watching out for these to come back in as I missed them last time around, thanks for the tip off.

Tom

Yep. I got one today too. Very impressed with the suction - it nearly lifts the carpet off of the floor. The carpet in the house that is, not the workshop. The one in there is far too heavy. :mrgreen:

Oz

Bummer the catch on mine broke this afternoon! :roll: Mind you my palm sander has just gone up the spout too! Not my day. :cry:

I have to say, you guys are making me appreciate one benefit of my recent move to Grantham: I'm much closer to my nearest Lidl than I used to be! (Thanks for the tip!)

Best of all, unlike the crappy old Electrolux I'd been keeping in the garage, the adaptor on this one fits perfectly into the back of my belt sander. ;-)

got one of these at lunch. Will give it a work out this evening. Hopefully ot will cope with table saw and router table- if not it will still be useful for clearing up.

Tony Spear":1p16jz15 said:
mark aspin":1p16jz15 said:
I bought one today too. For the price it's fantastic, well worth the 2 hour walk to Lidl to get it!

What was the walk home like? :shock:

He plugged the power in to the power out and rode it home in perpetual energy glory!

ok. lidl vac. great thing, quieter than I expected and I spent more time retrieving things that I wasnt expecting to suck up than hoovering. I cant fault it for that. £60 very well spent.

The outlet on my kity 419 won't slot straight on though- it is smaller than the hose. Is there any form of tapered or universal adaptor available from anywhere, ideally that will just push on so that the vac can easily be removed for its next task.

marcros":1ctraelg said:
.......The outlet on my kity 419 won't slot straight on though- it is smaller than the hose. Is there any form of tapered or universal adaptor available from anywhere, ideally that will just push on so that the vac can easily be removed for its next task.
Sounds like you need a lathe if you don't already have one, turn all mine out of a bit of hardwood. :)

CHJ":5x4xl0xf said:
marcros":5x4xl0xf said:
.......The outlet on my kity 419 won't slot straight on though- it is smaller than the hose. Is there any form of tapered or universal adaptor available from anywhere, ideally that will just push on so that the vac can easily be removed for its next task.
Sounds like you need a lathe if you don't already have one, turn all mine out of a bit of hardwood. :)

as simple as something that just friction fits over each end of the hose and outlet with a smooth transition between the two? I dont have a lathe, but somebody on the forum is bound to have one knocking around the workshop :D :lol:

Hi,

Plastic waste pipe and a heat gun can be used to make adaptors, you might need to make a wooden form to save damaging your equiptment.

Pete

My workshop is in an old dairy and I have all my hand power tools and table saw connected to the vacuum with rubber connectors used to connect stainless steel tube from the milking system.

Have also used steering rack gaiters and cv boots in the past.

That's the beast, mine is going strong, highly recommended and cheap as chips.

Pete

There was some discussion in this thread about hoses for tools, but I note this in the description:

"...power tool hose, power tool reducer piece for connection to power tools with dust-extraction connector..."

Is this different to the prior version?

Terry.

Hi guys, long time lurker and first time poster :) I was wondering if this vacuum would be any good with a thicknesser? Got a Triton TPT125 the other week and found myself swimming in chips. I guess the answer is probably no but ya never know. Would it still be decent for chop saw/band saw/ROS/router etc?

Thanks a lot folks, I can see myself posting a lot now I've actually joined!

Damo

I have a previous incarnation,
No it would not cope with a thicknesser , bandsaw, chopsaw, ideally you need a HVLP extractor to service those with an acceptable noise level.

Good machine and OK for your ROs etc. and general shop use.
My main criticism as supplied is the small diameter hose which restricts its performance, made up some suitable adaptors and fitted 63mm diameter hose and it puts it in another league for cleaning up shavings etc.

The Cheap and cheerful item from Rutlands will do the job for bandsaw and benchtop thicknesser, disc sander etc. ( I have one) although very noisy in use.

Thanks for the speedy reply, I'll add a few quid onto the Lidl number for the Rutland's extractor, tis not much more tbh.

Thanks again for the advice!

Back