Lidl drill

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
phil.p":bpymfrqq said:
How many of us keep the receipts for small amounts of money, though?
If you run your own business you will have to.
Things like a pillar drill are easy enough, just tape the receipt inside the belt cover. Rechargeable drill ? tape it under the charger.
It's easy enough to just keep a folder in the workshop to hold old receipts, manuals etc. Daft not to really.

I bought myself the £50 Bench Drill from the High Wycombe Lidl yesterday. They had around 10 of them. It will only get occasional use so hopefully will be OK.
John

A while back they were selling 'industrial' vacuums for around 60 quid. As we were just starting major renovations at home I took a punt on it. Needless to say it took a major beasting over about six months and is still going strong.

With power take of it's really useful and I have to say of equal quality to the nearly £300 'dust extraction' Alto special I bought from Axminster.

I'd certainly take more of a punt on Lidl stuff now than I used to.

Rhossydd":7qkzxyal said:
Ali":7qkzxyal said:
has anyone ever used the 3 year guarantee? How do Lidl and aldi deal with these returns when they only really have these items on limited sale?
I had to return a failed Parkside item last year (Dremel copy) and they simply paid a full refund against the original receipt. It seems the only practical way it can operate and quite fair to me.

I have heard elsewhere that the guarantee is very good, and not questioned as long as you have the receipt. Like you say though, you wont get a replacement, but will get a full refund.

You do get a replacement if there is one available, it's just that the nature of the things is that they go pretty quickly and The stock is not replenished like most stores.

The one from the other week was 18v this one is 14.4v.
I bought both the drill and circular saw the other week and so far have been well pleased with both.

Back