• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Lidl DIY tools 6th June

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ebay and Paypal are no longer the same company.
Ebay are now going with their own payment scheme which is pretty much a rip off and is leading to problems where they wont release the sellers funds for a minimum of 48 hours.
They are also systematically siding with the buyer, no matter the circumstances, then washing their hands of the whole affair, often leaving the seller out of pocket and without his original item, as in the case of the buyer returning a fake or broken item, keeping the original and also getting refunded.

As such I've stopped selling on ebay. I'll be using only to buy, but I'll only use paypal to do so and never use anything ebay has formed.
My account with ebay is is 14 years old and ive over a 1000 positive feedback, in fact I've never had a negative ever, and the account is in good standing, but I feel today it is pointless having an account to sell on. I'll be looking to gumtree, but the actual knock on effect is I shall be extremely careful not to buy anything on a whim, so as not to end up with a glut of stuff, especially as I cant sell if easily on ebay without being worried about being scammed.

Ebay today are a complete rip off and not fit for purpose. They are little better than a scam site, due to their extraordinary greed.

I try to sell on Facebook Marketplace first, as it's free, and usually collection only.
Just sold some roof bars on eBay, and stupidly went with their suggested postage charge of 5.30. Turned our the cheapest I could get at the post office was 16 pounds odd. So after comission as well, I ended up with about half what I expected.
Not that any of this has relevance to Lidl.
Talking of which, I'm still in a quandary as to whether to try to pick up a Lidl plunge saw tomorrow, or buy either the MacAlister or Erbauer from Screwfix.
If there was a budget plunge saw that had a choice of rails, i.e. pay a bit more and get two 1.4 metre rails, I'd go for it. I hate the idea of buying extra rails, and having the short ones gather dust.
I think I found an Evolution with 2 long rails, but it was 110V.

Ebay are now going with their own payment scheme which is pretty much a rip off and is leading to problems where they wont release the sellers funds for a minimum of 48 hours.
They are also systematically siding with the buyer, no matter the circumstances, then washing their hands of the whole affair, often leaving the seller out of pocket and without his original item, as in the case of the buyer returning a fake or broken item, keeping the original and also getting refunded.

As such I've stopped selling on ebay. I'll be using only to buy, but I'll only use paypal to do so and never use anything ebay has formed.
My account with ebay is is 14 years old and ive over a 1000 positive feedback, in fact I've never had a negative ever, and the account is in good standing, but I feel today it is pointless having an account to sell on. I'll be looking to gumtree, but the actual knock on effect is I shall be extremely careful not to buy anything on a whim, so as not to end up with a glut of stuff, especially as I cant sell if easily on ebay without being worried about being scammed.

Ebay today are a complete rip off and not fit for purpose. They are little better than a scam site, due to their extraordinary greed.

ebay owns Gumtree - BUT at least you get to make direct contact with the other party for delivery and cash payment with no fees (although geographical location impacts on usefulness of the ads . . . that said I (in Warwickshire) sold a run of granite worktops to someone from Hastings on Gumtree)

BTW - Peter Millard on YouTube (10 Minute workshop) did a comparison on the Lidl & MacAllister track saws yesterday - came out in favour of the Mac for an extra tenner

I would have thought you could sell the shorter rails. I’ve been checking on ebay for a cheap single short one recently as every now and again my Makita 1m rail is just a little too long.

BTW - Peter Millard on YouTube (10 Minute workshop) did a comparison on the Lidl & MacAllister track saws yesterday - came out in favour of the Mac for an extra tenner

I usually suggest the Parkside myself but I think Peter is right this time (assuming the parkside doesn't have a riving knife this version), the Mac is worth the little bit extra now that the parkside is more expensive and has less features. In the past though I think the parkside was the best available, it was less than half the price of the nearest competition when I bought mine and was a better and more versatile tool, that is not the case now.

I've just bought the Macalister from Screwfix. It's showing as being discounted right now, and I figured there's a chance that might end when the Lidl one ends.

Talking of which, I'm still in a quandary as to whether to try to pick up a Lidl plunge saw tomorrow, or buy either the MacAlister or Erbauer from Screwfix.
If there was a budget plunge saw that had a choice of rails, i.e. pay a bit more and get two 1.4 metre rails, I'd go for it. I hate the idea of buying extra rails, and having the short ones gather dust.
I think I found an Evolution with 2 long rails, but it was 110V.

EVOLUTION R185CCS 185MM MULTI-MATERIAL CIRCULAR SAW WITH TCT BLADE
SKU: EVO027-0001C
Voltage240v
1Excl. Tax: £49.96
Incl. Tax: £59.95
EVOLUTION ST2800 1400MM X2 CIRCULAR SAW TRACKS INC CONNECTORS, CLAMPS & STORAGE BAG
SKU: EVO004-0010
1Excl. Tax: £69.96
Incl. Tax: £83.95
Subtotal (Excl.Tax)​
£119.92​
Subtotal (Incl.Tax)​
£143.90​
Grand Total (Excl.Tax)
£119.92
GB standard VAT (20%)​
£23.98​
Tax​
£23.98​
Grand Total (Incl.Tax)
£143.90

You may be correct. I looked at the specifications and the picture and presumed the different code was just that one came with track, one without. I didn't notice one didn't say track compatible. Wait and see.

I can't see what there would be to be gained by marketing two apparently identical saws, one compatible, one not. I'll try giving them a ring a bit later.

Last edited:
The welder looks good....might be worth a shout
I would like a simple welder for simple repairs and the odd join. I've read this forum and still in a quandary. Stick welding seems to fit the 'simple' lable, but its seems to have limitations on metal thickness or rather thinness, needs to be above 3 or near 5mm thick? As its for the occasional join or repair, I don't want to expense and loads of gas bottles etc. I've read that for Tig or mig you need to get a quality set as the cheaper beginners ones are tricky to use. I cant justify £500 or so when the alternative it to drill a set of holes and bolt things together, rivet, or buy a replacement part.
Does anyone find stick welding to offer this versatility? are there ways around the metal thinness issue - ie work arounds?
Thanks Tom

I would like a simple welder for simple repairs and the odd join. I've read this forum and still in a quandary. Stick welding seems to fit the 'simple' lable, but its seems to have limitations on metal thickness or rather thinness, needs to be above 3 or near 5mm thick? As its for the occasional join or repair, I don't want to expense and loads of gas bottles etc. I've read that for Tig or mig you need to get a quality set as the cheaper beginners ones are tricky to use. I cant justify £500 or so when the alternative it to drill a set of holes and bolt things together, rivet, or buy a replacement part.
Does anyone find stick welding to offer this versatility? are there ways around the metal thinness issue - ie work arounds?
Thanks Tom

If one of the cheapo welders ever turns up I plan to use it for thicker stuff and if I get a project that is too thin I will get the father in law to do it. You could do the same, find someone local with a MIG/TIG to do the tricky jobs and keep the stick for the heavier stuff.

For me it's simply that I have get odd jobs now and again where I need to join some bits of metal and I have been forced to use bolts and brackets and it really doesn't work all that well or sometimes is simple impossible. If I can get a cheap welding setup then that would really make life easier, we are talking total use time over the course of a year to be probably 15 minutes or so.

05 Jun 2021 13:37ChelmsfordThere is a delay with your parcel from POWERTOOL WORLD
04 Jun 2021 05:00ChelmsfordYour parcel is at our Chelmsford depot
04 Jun 2021 05:00ChelmsfordThere's a delay with your parcel and we've now sorted it
03 Jun 2021 22:02Hub 4 - HinckleyWe have your parcel, and it's on its way to our Roche depot
03 Jun 2021 17:29POWERTOOL WORLDWe've received your order details, but have not yet received your parcel
Funny how it was on its way to Roche (near Bodmin) one day and back in Chelmsford the next. I expect better of DPD, they're usually one of the better ones.

Back