• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Lidl DIY tools 20th June

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Essex Barn Workshop

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
After the popularity of my last thread, about the tools at Lidl on 6th June, thought it'd be wrong not to point out that more are on way on 20th June.
https://www.lidl.co.uk/c/diy-tools/c1927/w2This time it is more of the bit set . sanding accessories / clamps type offering rather than the big box tools, but still worth a look.
I have done some non-extensive reviews and experimentation of the parkside clamps, and have discovered that the clamping force applied per clamp is exactly equal to enough!
https://www.lidl.co.uk/p/diy-tools/parkside-quick-release-clamps/p43422

Yep - the clamps (larger ones) are pretty good for the money - I have about 20 - some Aldi, some Lidl. I reckon the drills are probably use-once, throw-away . .... - especially the psuedo Forstners.

These are the only style of clamp I won't buy: after getting four, I broke three on their first outing, and have ignored the fourth ever since. Obviously I'm doing something wrong, like applying pressure.

I did buy packs of Lidl clamps that resemble mastic guns - these have lasted for many years with much abuse, and I have only broken one out of 12. I would definitely recommend those, even if they are not as pretty, or as big.

I have a couple of the Lidl quick clamps, they are Ok but nothing special, I did mod them which helped.

Personally I prefer F-clamps a lot of the time, even the cheapo ones seem to work very well as they are all metal and very simple.

I want some of the Forstner Bits. But some toerag will be camped outside and buy the lot usual to sell on ebay. Always sold out when I get there.

Latest posts

Back