Letters

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sir Percy

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Friends of mine have a wedding anniversary coming up next month, and I'd like to make them a little gift. Thought I'd try to couple up their initials - M and A - in either a monogram or linked letters.
I don't have carving experience, or tools, or suitable wood, so thought I'd try cutting out the letters instead.
Or maybe some way of putting the individual letters together, jigsaw puzzle-style?

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Gav

Stanleymonkey":3whj8n61 said:
Something jigsaw style would give you options for presenting the gift: a wooden box for the pieces or a frame/tray to display them in.
I didn't actually mean to say 'jigsaw', was thinking of something like loosely half-lapping where letter strokes crossed - but hadn't thought about a frame. That's a great idea, thanks.

If you have, or know anybody local, with a scroll saw it would'nt take long to do and you could make up any letter pattern you wanted in whatever wood you wanted.

What tools do you have to use? I needed to make a "k" to put on a box lid, so I sketched it, (hand) fret sawed it and then used a knife to soften the edges/carve it. You could use a sharp pen knife. It was mounted on a contrasting veneered sheet, but you could use solid timber.

Latest posts

Back