Lauren spindle moulder

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kidneycutter

Established Member
Reaction score
I have an old hobbiest lures spindle moulder. It works ok but hums when powered from the socket and not running.
It is braked and I looked in the switch box to see if some was wrong but the wiring is too complicated for me it does have a small capacitor in the switch box.
Just wondering if something is not wired up correctly.

I'm not sure I can help with the electric side unless there is a large capacitor that might need replacing? EDIT just realised it does work DOH!!

Have we ever had a previous conversation about your Lurem spindle and my attempts to recommission mine ?

Cheers, Andy

it almost sounds as it its trying to power up no loose wires (check plug as well) earth connection ok
Does the motor or any other part feel warm after its been humming away for 30 mins or so

Well, if it is the brake and it is abnormal, it could cause the brake to cook itself and stop working if left long enough, it could even be a potential fire hazard but that is an extreme circumstance. Feel around and see if anything is getting warm when it's on.

If in doubt, get an electrician out.

Latest posts

Back