Lathe Sanding Disc

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steliz

Camberwell Carrot
Reaction score
I'd like to make a large(ish) sanding disc to run on my lathe. The only part I can't seem to find is the velcro backing sheet to attach the sand paper to. Can someone point me in the right direction please.

All mine are disposable - discs of MDF with strips of various abrasives stuck to them with aerosol contact adhesive. If you use eight short screws you can skim the MDF and use the same disc two or three times. Mine are usually double sided, hence the screw holes through the face.

Attachments

• IMG0114A.jpg
    IMG0114A.jpg
    389.3 KB · Views: 0
I just stick mine on with strong double sided tape and pull of and scrapes when they're spent
I think I'll try this as a start, thanks.
I'm not too keen on having to turn down mdf to replace the paper after recently effing up my planer blades with the stuff.
I did consider using sticky backed sandpaper on my cole jaws but I'd prefer to have them available when I need them.

I think I'll try this as a start, thanks.
I'm not too keen on having to turn down mdf to replace the paper after recently effing up my planer blades with the stuff.
I did consider using sticky backed sandpaper on my cole jaws but I'd prefer to have them available when I need them.
I have 4 10" discs from 40 grit to 240 grit, also made a sliding table that goes on bed bars, use it for sharpening and shaping mostly

Latest posts

Back