Myford Ml8 Bandsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

+steve+

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Been looking for a while now for a complete bandsaw attachment for the Ml8 lathe.
A lot of the ones for sale seem to have various parts missing in the photographs. For instance, I assume there is some sort of arbor to mount the drive wheel (or does it screw directly to the outboard shaft)?
Anyway, I was wondering if anyone could point me on the direction of a parts list or exploded diagram for this and the other attachments available, similar to the lathe drawing I have in the manual. I dont want to buy something and find out half the parts are missing and no one has them for sale.
Thanks in advance 👍
Steve

Steve, it's a cobbled-together pain to fit and a bit wobbly in use. I had one and, when fitted (time-consumptve and awkward) it impeded lathe use. Unless you have time on your hands, or are challenged for space, I'd recommend you get a small, separate bandsaw. Something like an Imp or Burgess.

Steve, it's a cobbled-together pain to fit and a bit wobbly in use. I had one and, when fitted (time-consumptve and awkward) it impeded lathe use. Unless you have time on your hands, or are challenged for space, I'd recommend you get a small, separate bandsaw. Something like an Imp or Burgess.
Thanks for the info, I did have one of the small burgess saw quite a few years ago but the table was warped either side of the split line where the blade fits. Thought the myford might be a better option as it looks like its steel? I'll look into the options, cheers 👍

Scroll right down this page then click the 'more ML8' button, between them there are several pictures of the lathe and accessories one of which might help you.

http://www.lathes.co.uk/myfordwood/
Thanks, I've spent a long time on this site over the last few months😁. Just thought there might have been a drawing somewhere showing all the screws, washers, etc for each of the attachments so I know it's all there when or if I buy one. Guess it's pot luck, thanks for taking the time though 👍

Latest posts

Back