Lathe Chuck identification - help required

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Owd Jockey

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello. I'm new to the forum and am hoping that someone could help me identify the chuck I have been using for the past couple of years. It came on a second- hand APCT M900. The chuck works fine, but I would like to buy a set of spigot jaws for it. I have disassembled the chuck to clean it and could find no identifiable or branding marks on it. The chuck has a 1" 8tpi thread. Many thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 1chuck.jpg
    1chuck.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 545
  • 2chuck.jpg
    2chuck.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 545
  • 3chuck.jpg
    3chuck.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 545
Yes, Axminster SK 80, (80mm) by the looks of it, accessory jaw to body diameter seems a little small for the SK100 (100mm) version. A simple diameter check would determine which though.

If confirmed as Axminster then any of their accessory jaws will fit the carriers regardless of chuck body size.
All Axminster chucks have the same carrier/accessory jaw standard.

100mm and 80mm accessory jaws will fit either body.

Many thanks guys for your quick response. My apologies I should have given the chuck diameter which is indeed 100mm. It therefore does seem that it is a SK100. My nearest Axminster store is probably Nuneaton. Once again guys thanks.

I used one of these chucks for years on my original Axminster lathe (M900) great bit of kit for the price.

If its more than a couple of years old, it will be the K100, not the SK100. The difference is that the SK100 is made from stainless steel and cost around £40 more! All the variants of these use the same jaws and carriers so you have plenty to choose from!

Back