Lathe at B&Q!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gasmansteve

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks
Just been to my local B&Q and thought this might be of interest.

2075698873_d2dcfb49a6_m.jpg

For the princely sum of £149 I didn`t think it a bad buy for a starter.

2076486516_74ad4f4db5_m.jpg

Sorry if this states the ruddy obvious but is a `copy` lathe used for replicating work?
Cheers
Steve

HI Steve

Yes it is, saw this one last weekend but didnt have my camera with me good value for the money.

It will work as a standard lathe as well but once you have turned on item such as a bannister. You put the copier on and wind it along and get identicle spindles.

I wonder if they sell the copy attachment seperate.

john

JPT wrote
I wonder if they sell the copy attachment seperate.
If it was sold seperate John,would it fit other lathes,do you know. :?:
Paul.J.

From what I can remember the lathe is the standard Axminster 900 clone. The attachment seemed to just sit on the bed and bolt through the centre of the bed.

I will have to have a closer look next time I go to B&Q. If it does and you want a copy attachment it would be cheaper than any others Ive seen.

john

Yes sorry about the naff quality of the shot its only taken with my mobi and you do feel a pillock taking a picture of a lathe :wink:
The spindle thread looks like it might be the same as my supernova2 chuck 3/4" 16tpi if memory serves.
The copy attachment looks quite sturdy as does the lathe itself. It resembles my own Draper lathe otherwise I would have got one,they had about 5 or 6 in stock and weren`t getting any more in apparantly.
Just the job to learn on!
Steve

When I worked for them the copier part was not avaliable separtly. Also the build quality is very poor, granted it is a copy of many others out there but one of the worst I have seen. I have put a few together for demos and a large hammer comes in very handy as well as a decent set of spanners/allen keys, as not surprisingly the supplied ones are made of some sort of cheese

`one of the worst I have seen`
For £149???? I don`t think you can expect Hegner quality for that price hence my `starter` quote :?
Steve

I see what you mean. I was comparing it to when I bought my little Draper second hand for about £75 if memory serves. I would probably have gone for the B&Q one at the time. Useable second hand lathes seem to be a bit thin on the ground or they were when I was after one.
Steve

Latest posts

Back