Large pine cone hollow form

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cornucopia

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello folks

here is one of my latest cast blanks- it has one large pine cone embedded within the resin with the base of the cone at the top of the form(I might try the next one the other way up)
its 3 1/2" tall by 2 7/8" wide

from this...
P1180546.jpg

to this.
P1180551.jpg

Much more satisfying than a Banksia Nut to turn by the looks of it, the castings certainly polish up into an excellent finish.

Wow. I agree with Nev - perfect for christmas.

Lovely finish on it and very interesting patterns with the pine cone.

Do you happen to know what species of conifer that came from? It's given me an idea for using the cones off our Noble Firs, which are about 8" long and 3" diameter, but they tend to break up as soon as they are anywhere near ripe. Could unripe ones be impregnated with resin in any easy way?

Gorgeous George, you've really carved yourself a niche with your resin castings I reckon, very distinctive and beautiful.

Cheers, Paul

To my eyes that's your best resin work yet :)
Your usual exemplary shape and finish and the colours complement the pine cone beautifully.

CHJ":2d0nf3x6 said:
Much more satisfying than a Banksia Nut to turn by the looks of it...
I've never found them satisfying to turn, in fact I find their hairy dust quite horrible, and I'm not keen on the look of them in general.

CHJ":2d0nf3x6 said:
...the castings certainly polish up into an excellent finish.
They certainly do.

As usual, beautiful.

You really have a unique way with these resin blanks and the finished item is such a high standard.

Congrats George. =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

mikec

Back