Laguna Machinery

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flanajb

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Was reading the American Fine Woodworking magazine and spotted an article for Laguna machinery. The machinery looks well priced and well made.

I think I have just discovered that DEFT machinery over here in the UK is the same stuff.

Anyone anle to confirm/deny and provide any feedback on the machinery if they have any experience of it ?

Thanks

I'm not sure if it has been confirmed that Lyndhurst sell re-branded Laguna products. However, we have a least one happy owner of their DEFT saw which got good reviews.

If I ever buy another cabinet saw, that'll be it.

wizer":3s6xq78y said:
I'm not sure if it has been confirmed that Lyndhurst sell re-branded Laguna products.

Laguna is just an importer as well. Made their name by importing good quality Italian (Meber?) bandsaws amongst other things. Without having looked at their offerings, it sounds as if they now fishing in the same generic Chinese pool as Lyndhurst and a million others.

just need to get a few others who are after some machinery and we can buy directly from China. With the state of the world economy, I reckon we could get a good deal

I have a DEFT T30 which I bought for about £800 which I considered a very good price as it came with quite a few extras.

I wrote about it a while back - an excellent machine and still going well.

There's quite a few clones of it including the Laguna, Silver City etc. which also applies to lots of stuff coming out of China.

As for importing stuff yourself dream on!
:)

Rod

Jake":eibsxkvo said:
Laguna is just an importer as well. Made their name by importing good quality Italian (Meber?) bandsaws amongst other things
I thought that Torben (the owner) originally made his money importing and selling Robland and Harwi stuff from Belgium. I've met the man at a show in the USA (ten or so years back) and at that time his bandsaws were from ACM, who are or were being sold as Startrites not so long back. Pity he's gone all Chinese on us

Thanks Rod for your reply , thinking seriously of investing in the T30 , watched the Laguna video quite impressive.

Keggie - go for it you will not be sorry.

The DEFT has a European type fence and a different crown guard - but the Cast Iron and the "works" are the same as the Laguna.

You do need a 16amp supply though!

Rod :)

Rod presently constructing 14 by 8 workshop to hold all hand power tools to leave my garage as a machine shop .Garage is approx 8 and half feet wide is this suffice to set up t30 . I am going to purchase the mobile base does the saw move freely on the base , many thanks again for your advice .

Ken

keggie - the DEFT T30 is 1.6m wide O/A (length of fences). There's 600mm of table to the left of the saw blade and 1m to the right.
The top is 850mm deep with another additional 1m if the out feed table is fitted.
Hope that helps?

Rod

Back