Jet BAILEIGH DC-2100C Dust Collector Cyclone... anyone had one? used one? thoughts?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

giantbeat

Established Member
Reaction score
Afternoon chaps, whilst browsing the usually machinery sites as i ponder machinery for my workshop expansion next year i spotted this

Jet BAILEIGH DC-2100C Dust Collector Cyclone on the poolwood website.

https://www.poolewood.co.uk/product/jet-baileigh-dc-2100c-dust-collector-cyclone/?v=79cba1185463
not much info on it, but it seems well priced for a pre configured cyclone extractor.
improving my workshops Extraction is on my mind for next year, as I'm essentially ripping out & starting again re laying out from scratch, anyone got this machine or does any in depth comparions to others? i had been looking at the usual Axminster, Laguna, ITECH etc. models

A machine that size would work better if they had stuck with a single large inlet. The 3 small inlets will reduce the efficiency a lot. These days the experts are saying a 6'' suction pipe is required to ensure the small harmful particles are collected. Seems strange that a machine with the obvious capacity to do that would then be choked down to those small inlets. I would be asking whats the CFM through one of those inlets.
Other than that it looks like a pretty good unit.
Regards
John

John is right. The 4" inlet can only move a little over 400CFM no matter what HVLP (high volume low pressure) DC it is on. Three would therefore add up to one 6" with flows about 1250CFM max. Way less than the machine spec claims.

One other point about those Ys at the entrance to the cyclone or a DC impeller. The flow from them is turbulent and reduces the efficiency right where it should be flowing smoothly. You should have a straight run of 4' or so into the machine to allow the air to straighten out if you can.

Pete

John is right. The 4" inlet can only move a little over 400CFM no matter what HVLP (high volume low pressure) DC it is on. Three would therefore add up to one 6" with flows about 1250CFM max. Way less than the machine spec claims.

One other point about those Ys at the entrance to the cyclone or a DC impeller. The flow from them is turbulent and reduces the efficiency right where it should be flowing smoothly. You should have a straight run of 4' or so into the machine to allow the air to straighten out if you can.

Pete
we could introduce them to a hacksaw :)

I would inquire to see if you can get the one with double 6'' inlets like
AJB Temple got. Actually looking below in similar threads he has done a review on his machine.
Regards
John

Back