Krenov book arrived

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jake":psb8fuzp said:
ByronBlack":psb8fuzp said:
No - not the same at all Jacob your exactly right, he hasn't got the right of reply.

So anyone who isn't a contributing member of the forum has sacred cow status?

Certainly not Jake. I don't believe that is what my statement says. I'm merely stating a fact and agreeing with Jacob.

BB wrote:
And another that wasn't on the previous thread - this is just so that we can all qualify your opinions: Have you a history of fine cabinet making?
I would like to actually see some of Mr Grim's fine cabinet work on the forum (not the stuff on the website). I think this would add a little bit of 'substance' to his point of view which at the moment IMHO has about as much credence as the Titanic after its maiden voyage :wink: - Rob

Johnboy":351pgypj said:
Good points Tim.

Byron, there is a big difference between a blunt statement and being rude. I find your statement "But at least you have confirmed resolutely exactly what I think of you and your opinions." definitely falls into the rude category and I think it was uncalled for.

John

I've just stated that Jacob's answer has confirmed my thoughts on him and his opinions based on this debate, you'll notice that I did not offer an opinion in the negative or pass any derogatory offense.

By a quirk of timing the first "new post" in this thread was the one at the top, where Jacob goes through his reasons for quibbling with JK's methods. "Ooo good" sez I, "the discussion is going into the whys and wherefores - I may learn much here". By the time I get to the bottom of the page it's just another Krenov thread - those for and those against. ](*,) I've given up having an opinion about Krenov 'cos you can't seem to have a rational discussion about what he actually does without people taking it as a personal slur against him (or themselves for being a fan?). And please let's not start talking of "traditional" methods with disdain just 'cos you don't agree with the chap suggesting them. Don't confuse the footballer with the football.

Incidentally I think demanding proof of output to "allow" a member to have an opinion is really not on. Everyone's intitled to an opinion regardless - everyone can make their own judgement on how valuable it is on their own terms.

Cheers, Alf

Alf":18fw9brz said:
Snip snip snippety snip

Incidentally I think demanding proof of output to "allow" a member to have an opinion is really not on. Everyone's intitled to an opinion regardless - everyone can make their own judgement on how valuable it is on their own terms.

Cheers, Alf

I'm not going to comment as I don't want to get into this arguement.

I will say that I agree with Alf's comment above 100%. I can't play more than a few notes on my ocharina but it doesn't stop me having the opinion that nearly all the rap and hip hop music that my son listens to is utter s$%^. I feel that demanding proof of ability before accepting that someone is allowed to criticise is akin to the abhorrent practice of attacking someone's standard of grammar in reply to a posting.

ALF & Mudman - this is quite ridiculous. Where has any requested that Jacob provided proof before he is 'allowed' to share his opinion?? NOWHERE!

Myself and Rob have simply questioned his own background as he giving opinions and statements of fact from a position of authority e.g. He says Krenov doesn't know how to make a panel, he goes on to say clearly and un-objectively that the said panel was 'bodged'. Therefore it's only right that we get to ask Jacob his own background to put this opinion and stated fact in context.

It would be exactly the same if I stated that Einstein didn't know what he was doing, or that his theories are baloney and he bodged his way to 'guru' status, a fair question would then be to ask of my own credentials.

This is my last post on this discussion, as yet again it seems this forum is incapable of holding a debate without resorting to twisting of words, assumptions and accusations.

My last point:

It's quite ironic with jacob and his 'guru' issues, as it seems clear to me that Jacob himself has attained his own 'Guru' status amongst the forum so much so that we are not allowed to question his own knowledge or to be able to challenge his opinions when they are so blunt and matter of fact, without being pulled up by; dare I say, he's 'Jacobites'.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This has had a jolly good run and has provided a few laughs. Everyone please pick up their toys, the thread is now locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back