Kreg Pocket hole jig

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tezza111

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi There

Ive bought the pocket hole jig......great bit of kit and I'm impressed how well the joints pull up. I'm intending on building
some drawers with it.

I'm more than prepared to use glue on the joints to strengthen them. My question is how do the people that use the jig regularly go about assembly. Do you dry fit say a drawer box first to make sure it all works etc and then take it apart
and then add the glue to the joints etc and re-assembly? How many times can you taker the screws in/out etc and them still retaining their pulling power.

Cheers

Tel

Evening Mate

I don't bother using glue at all for small stuff. Just check you're using the correct thread type for the material you're working with. The Kreg site has a guide.

One thing I have found helps with assembly is to run your screw threw each hole to remove the waste prior to jointing.

Cheers
Stu

Thanks for the tip Stu.

Ive been practising on some off cuts this afternoon and yes that does make a difference. Ive also found that
you can can the screws out a couple of times and put em back without any loss of pull.

I was a bit worried that they wouldn't be strong enough for drawers etc (fine for carcasses) but to be honest
with some glue the joints are rock solid and as solid as carcass screws etc with the benefit of being able to hide them
underneath and not showing on drawers sides etc. I'm sold on it.....its simple and cheap alternative to something like
a domino or biscuit joiner (which I can't afford) and very very quick to implement once you get the hang of it.

Cheers

Tel

Back