Kreg bandsaw fence for a Jet 14"

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pooka

Established Member
Reaction score
The latest Axminster mail has prompted me to consider the Kreg Precision Bandsaw Fence as a replacement for the stock fence on my Jet JWBS-14. There are a few positive comments in past threads about this fence, but some comments that suggest that it may not be worth the investment. My dilemma is in trying to figure out how the fence compares to the stock Jet fence, which I have found to be okay (it locks solidly) but a bit tedious to adjust accurately (distance from blade). Has anyone used both the Kreg and either the Jet or a comparable fence and if so could you comment on how they compare?

One possible issue, that I have seen opposing views on in other past online discussions, is that the Kreg fence attaches at one end only and therefore it might be prone to flexing a little (by comparison the Jet fence attaches at both ends). However, the Kreg has the advantage of being usable as both a high and low profile fence, and has what looks like a more easily controlled positioning adjustment by comparison to the Jet.

Back