kity k5 replacement motor

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pils

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hello

the 1.1 kw 1.5 HP - SINGLE PHASE ELECTRIC MOTOR 240 V 3000 RPM motor on my kity combi no longer has torque. It's turning but even firm hand pressure on the spindle prevents it from spinning.

Therefore, I believe, I may need a new one.

Any bright ideas are most welcome. (besides cleaning all the sawdust off :)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

When my K5 motor died ( 20 years ago now, so things may have changed) I found it much cheaper to have the existing motor rewound than to buy a replacement. Only downside is that they resprayed it navy blue whilst they were at it and it stuck out like a sore thumb!

Thanks again. There was, I confess, a hidden emphasis on "know" which I should have made transparent.
I've just had a very helpful reply from this chap robsonandfrancisrewinds.co.uk:
it may be as simple as a capacitor fault...
only going to cost you around than £20 with carriage for a new capacitor
and even if it does need rewinding you would need to replace the capacitors anyway..
so I took a look see and two wires have perished and are touching...so there is hope.

If you can identify the capacitor you would be able to get a replacement from Maplins

Have failed to do anything as have been helping the mrs. look after her mum. will update this post/you all, hopefully, in Feb.

kindest to all

Pils

Back