Kity K5 combi machine (manual)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
powertools":l92iot10 said:
I think that it is a shame that a lot of people who need some advice about old Kity machines do an internet search and come across this site sign up ask a question and never return.
If everyone with old Kity machines added content this could become a massive resource of information for all owners.
Agree with that 100% powertools and it's one of the reasons I always respond personally rather than just stick the info somewhere which would be easier for me. My view is if they sign up to ask the questions there's always a chance they will like what they see and re visit whereas if more easily accessed that will never happen.

I've had many email conversations with owners asking for advice and responded where able and I always point them towards the forum for ideas and additional info however as they say you can lead a horse to water but can't make it drink.

As an aside there are other factors possibly. Technology has moved on and youtube is awash with information, good and bad as are other websites and it's quicker to get that than ask on a forum and wait for replies, it's also my opinion whilst there are many helpful and knowledgeable members as always, the forum isn't what it used to be.
E.g. UK workshop not UK brexit :roll:

hi
inherited a kity k5 from my old man, have search the garage for its manual with out success. possibly to send one out? been on the hunt for some spares particularly the std sawblade size..and a new drive belts .. information would be grateful
i remember the basics of the thicknesser and saw table, but never saw him use the moulder, lots of bits but no idea what to do with them.
have just spent a weekend making gates to dogproof the garden, with the K5, splitting the wood down was a doddle, great way of recycling old wood
next project a garden seat...

happyman":19fjj34b said:
hi
inherited a kity k5 from my old man, have search the garage for its manual with out success. possibly to send one out? been on the hunt for some spares particularly the std sawblade size..and a new drive belts .. information would be grateful
i remember the basics of the thicknesser and saw table, but never saw him use the moulder, lots of bits but no idea what to do with them.
have just spent a weekend making gates to dogproof the garden, with the K5, splitting the wood down was a doddle, great way of recycling old wood
next project a garden seat...
Hi
I've just seen this as been away on holiday for a few days, will send you a pm with my email address, if you respond to that I'll send you the files.
Bob

Hi Bob,

I’ve recently purchased a K5 from eBay and would really appreciate if you could send me a copy of the manual

Qage":cui23ysu said:
Hi Bob,

I’ve recently purchased a K5 from eBay and would really appreciate if you could send me a copy of the manual
I've sent you a pm with my email address

Got an email from Bill Bertham requesting a copy manual but address doesn't accept a reply.
I can't find you on here Bill but as you say this is where you got my details I'm hoping you read this.

If so please post a reply or send me a pm to sort it out
Bob

Lons":mi7wfi2p said:
souren":mi7wfi2p said:
Hi I also am in need of a manual for the Kitty K5 but cannot post as I an new to the forum.
Could someone send me a pdf version,send to kittyk5@ asdvadz . com (temp email just for this post) remove spaces as required from teh address
I'd be more than happy to post the manual on the web if it would help others

cheers

Souren

Just sent it. Email me back if any questions
Bob
Hi

Hi. I have recently purchased a Kity k5 but it has no manual and was wandering if you would send me a copy please. Cheers Ian

Hi, I am new to the forum: I was hoping someone could help me obtain a PDF copy of the Kity K5 manual, it would be most appreciated. Also, l have a question; I would like to use the spindle Moulder to shape electric guitar bodies using a template and some kind of pattern following bearing, is this possible? Does anyone have any experience of doing something similar? I am just starting out and this forum is a wealth of knowledge and experience, many thanks, Doug.

Hi Doug

I'm pm you with my email adress, if you send me an email I'll forward the files to you. If you have a photo of your machine attach that to you email as I have a little additional info perhaps depending on which version of the machine you have.

The Mk2 K5 and early Bestcombi were supplied with a ring fence kit which allowed that function on the spindle moulder, I think I only used mine once or twice though as a router is easier and quicker imo. I can't remember if the original splayed legs K5 had the kit.

Attachments

• ring fence.jpg
    ring fence.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 45
Hi

I just purchased a Woodman K5 on the Facebook selling site - what an amazing machine! :)

I think its pretty much the same as the Kity K5 and I really need to get hold of a copy of the manual for it - if anybody has a pdf copy they can send me that would be amazing!!

Kind rgds

Mark

Hi Bob

Just bought a Bestcombi 5023.
Would appreciate any manuals and consumables info that you have.

Thanks a lot

John

No probs Neil will pm you.

Kity did go bust didn't it? I'm sure these little machines are breeding somewhere. :lol:

The size should be stamped on the inside of the belt Neil but if it's the same as the standard, one flat belt K5 then it should be 810 x 15 mm as far as I know.
Best bet is to take your old belt to a local belt / bearing supplier or measure yours to double check and buy on line, your will have stretched a little.

Hi Lons, you must be getting fed up but any chance you could pm me how to get a manual for a k5. i have had one for about 3 years but only ever used the saw and planer I would love to use the spindle moulder and the morticed but don't want to either hurt myself or the machine. regards dave.

Latest posts

Back