Kity combination machine slot morticer setup

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

colsy_85

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I have had a Kity combination machine for a month or so that came with a slot morticer which wasn't assembled. I've just got round to fitting the slot morticer. With it assembled with mounting plate, bracket and pree drilled holes in the table top, it aligns with the larger pulley on the motor, however, the drill would then be rotating at 5100rpm rather than the 3100rpm stated in the manual. Using the smaller pullley would reduce speed to around 3000rpm but I would have to drill new holes and make a packer for the bracket which doesnt seem right. Has anyone got a kity slot morticer set up on a combi machine and how is it belted?
Cheers,
Colin.

Attachments

• 20220430_155849.jpg
    20220430_155849.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 17
I've just seen your pm Colin.
Unfortunately I can't remember the setup for the morticer, I do remember there was a machine that allowed the motor to slide and lock into position but that possibly wasn't a Kity. :unsure:

Just as an aside, I wonder if the speed matters too much as if you compare the spec sheets for CK26 against the Direct Drive you'll see they list the CK26 at 4760 rpm and the Direct Drive at 2800 rpm

I have a slot morticer on the 700 table and set it up as per the instructions. I don't know which version of the combination machine you have but it sounds as though you are running it too fast.

Back